Frequently Asked Questions
What types of positions does The HR Office, Inc. fill?
- Administrative – General Clerical, Receptionist, Legal Assistant, Office Manager, Executive Assistants, Medical/Dental Office Staff
- Accounting – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accountant, Controller, Bookkeeper, Payroll Specialist
- Event Staffing – Concerts and Sporting Events
- Dining Hall – Cashier, Food Service, Food Preparation, Cleaning
- General Labor – Custodial, Housekeeping, Manufacturing, Assembly, Landscaping, Warehouse, Shipping/Receiving
- Professional – Human Resources, Engineers, Web Developers, Marketing, Information Technology, Sales, Finance, Banking and many more
- Executive – President/CEO, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer
What does it cost me to use your services?
- As a job seeker, you do not pay a cost or fee. We are paid by employer’s where our candidates are placed
How long do the assignments last?
- The assignments vary in length. Some are short-term, some are long-term, some are temp-to-perm. We work to match the right person with the right job, so if you desire long-term assignments with 40-hour work weeks, then we'll strive to put you into that type of assignment.
What happens when I finish an assignment?
- Please call or email to let us know any time there is a change in your availability.
May I add the work I am doing for your agency on my resume?
- Yes. Adding your work experience from your temporary positions is a great way to build your resume. Name The HR Office as your employer on your resume. Underneath, list your assignment locations and duties.
How and when am I paid?
- When you are on an assignment, you need to turn in your timecard by 9:00 am the following Monday. You will then be paid on Friday of each week.
How do I dress for an interview?
- First impressions are vital. You want to dress for the position you are looking for. Interview attire is required. Women should wear a blouse/slacks/skirt/jacket and men should wear dress shirt/tie/slacks/jacket.
What if I have gaps in my employment?
- You always want to give your reasons for gaps in employment. Have the exact dates available that you have worked. Working with our agency on projects and temporary assignments can help prevent any further gaps in employment, making you more marketable.
What if I don’t have a resume?
- It is not necessary to bring a prepared resume. You will be completing an application in our office when you come visit. Together, we can create a work history.
Can I get a Penn State position through your office?
- The HR Office is a vendor to Penn State University for temporary positions. If it fits with your circumstances, being placed in a temporary position at Penn State is a great way to get noticed and get your foot in the door. You will need to apply through Penn State’s website to be considered for permanent positions.
Do I get paid time off as a temporary employee?
- The HR Office offers the benefit of earning paid time off. Please refer to the Paid Time Off Policy in HRO Employee Resources